An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Conveyancer to work for a legal 500 law firm based in heart of Manchester City. Our client is is one of the North West’s leading law firms with a team of talented, committed and dedicated professionals all working together to offer a comprehensive range of legal services
The role involves all aspects of residential conveyancing work. To carry a live caseload of circa 120 files, comprising all transaction types, including (but not limited to) freehold, leasehold, newbuild, unregistered, shared ownership, right to buy and help to buy. To mentor and supervise junior members of the team.
- Reviewing title documentation, contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results and providing accurate and comprehensive reports to clients.
- Raising enquiries in a timely manner
- Responding to enquiries in a timely manner
- Resolving complex and technical queries
- Producing accurate financial statements for clients
- Dealing with exchange of contracts and completions
- Signing off junior conveyancers’ files prior to exchange of contracts
- Checking clients’ source of funds
- Responding promptly to requests for updates from clients, estate agents, brokers and introducers.
- Updating introducer portals where necessary
- Ensuring that the case management is fully up to date and running all cases through the case management system
- Managing daily tasks using the case management system
- Recognising potential risks and resolving issues without putting clients or the firm at risk.
- Taking primary responsibility for purchase files.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so.
- Ensuring clients and introducers receive the best possible service at all times
- Flagging any issues/concerns to Head of Department
- Undertaking any other tasks that may be required to assist the department
Salary: Depending on experience