We are recruiting experienced Commercial Property Paralegal to work with one of our client based in Blandford Forum. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the established law firms. The job is to provide support to the Head of Department and fee earners, in order that they can run a profitable case load and deliver high-quality legal services and there is the opportunity for a training contract for the right applicant.
To provide full support to the Head of Department and fee earners to enable them to run a profitable caseload and deliver high quality legal services.
To develop an individual caseload to be managed under the supervision of the Head of Department.
- To provide a high level of personal and professional service at all times
- Ensuring tasks are achieved by key dates and key dates diary kept up to date
- Effective support of the team members in taking and carrying out instructions from clients and acting on behalf of clients to bring matters to satisfactory conclusion
- Assisting other members of the team in client related matters, drafting of simple legal documents and file management.
Secretarial and administration
- To be self-sufficient for own secretarial/administration duties
- To be fully conversant with the firm’s IT and database systems and to be confident in their correct usage
- To be familiar and confident with the firm’s accounting practices for client and office monies, cheque requests, TT transfers etc.
- Ensure all department files are well ordered clear and comply with the Law Society, office and all other necessary requirements.
- Ensure that proper and accurate records are kept of time expended on matters
- A team player, building strong working relationships and being supportive of the direct team, wider team and the Firm.
- Comply with policies and practices including Risk, money laundering, the Firm’s office manual and regulatory requirements external to Blanchards Bailey LLP such as the SRA Code of Practice. Take responsibility for understanding these requirements, and promote the importance of these responsibilities to colleagues.
- Take responsibility for achieving all forms of continuous professional development
- To keep abreast of the latest legal and practice developments
- To keep confidential all client information
- To be positive and helpful with colleagues, clients and professional contacts of the firm
- To assist other departments and colleagues within the firm as requested
- To adhere to and familiarise themselves with the firm’s terms and conditions
- To appreciate the flexibility in the role is paramount
- To work on own initiative
- To attend and work at other offices if required
- To provide support for the marketing and promotional activities of the department and firm
Knowledge and Skills
- Planning and organising skills; able to multi-task workload driven by more than one fee earner; able to manage task givers expectations.
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Strong IT skills; adapts to information systems quickly;
Excellent literacy skills including drafting style, attention to detail, and accurate use of the English language