We are currently looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Optical Assistant to join our client based in Northampton.Our client is opening a new store in the middle of the October therefor this positions start date will be in October. Details of the role are as follows:
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
(Monday -Sunday 5 Days per week.)
- Competitive Salary to attract the best.
- Generous benefits including pension & bonus based on practice turnover.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of our professional team to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
- Positively promote the department within the store; greeting customers and offering advice and information on Future Vision products and services.
- Assisting and advising patients when selecting frames and/or contact lenses following an eye examination; ensuring all measurements are taken correctly and professionally.
- Complete pre-screen and field tests in accordance with the professional standards under the direction of the Optometrist.
- Reception duties such as; answering the phones, booking in patient appointments, filling, completion of paperwork, and ensuring the in-house system is accurately maintained.
- Ensure that all Future Vision legal and policy documents are understood and complied with at all times.
- Liaise with the Opticians Manager to ensure the clinics run efficiently.
- Dispense spectacles and make any necessary adjustments for patients.
- Arranging and maintaining shop displays.
- Ensure the department is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience retail/face to face customer service experience is essential
- Previous experience working as an Optical Assistant is essential
- Commitment and Flexibility demonstrate the commitment and flexibility required to meet the changing needs of an expanding business
- Interpersonal Skills develop working relationships with fellow employees, customers and suppliers, as required
- Communication Skills communicates concisely and professionally, either verbally or in writing, with our customer, our employees and our suppliers, as required
- Honesty, Openness and Integrity maintain visibility and awareness of activities and escalate issues that are likely to impact on performance to your manager
- Initiative use your initiative to resolve day to day issues or escalate to your manager when appropriate
- Innovation have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards proposing new ideas and processes to benefit the functionality of the department
- Company Values awareness of the company values; customer focus, energy, recognition, team work and respect required to build and support the team efficiently
- Time Management prioritise and manage workloads to achieve deadlines whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work at all times
- Relationships monitor the interface between our employees, our customer, our suppliers and other areas of the business
- Procedures adhere to procedures and escalate issues
- Performance monitor performance and escalate issues
- Meetings attend and contribute to meetings as and when required
- Property ensure that all the equipment used by the Team is cared for and maintained to agreed standards to protect company property
- Knowledge develop your own and employee knowledge of the business: our customer, our objectives, our products and our services