We are looking for a Commercial Property Fee-earner to join a highly successful and expanding Commercial Property team in Blandford.
Assisting in the running of a profitable caseload, delivering high-quality legal services and providing support to the Head of Commercial Property, this role will be attractive to someone who has 3-5 years PQE and wishes to continue to develop their career and grow into a senior role.
To assist in the running of a profitable caseload delivering high-quality legal services in the Commercial Property Department.
- Ensure high standards of client care at all times.
- Take instructions from clients in person, by email or on the telephone.
- Provide comprehensive commercial property advice on commercial property matters to include, but not limited to, freehold sales and purchases, landlord and tenant matters, leases, options, conditional contracts, development agreements (including overage agreements) and relevant construction documents.
- Draft correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Liaise directly with other parties with enquiries/replies.
- Undertake appropriate searches.
- Report to clients with relevant information on their transaction and advise clients accordingly.
File Management and administration
- Ensure that department files are well ordered, clear and comply with the Law Society, office and all other necessary requirements.
- Ensure proper and accurate records are kept of time expended on matters where fees are charged on a time basis and ensure that estimates for work are approved by a Partner and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation.
- Initiate, develop and participate in the marketing of the Commercial Property department, to promote the Firm, to maintain and develop existing client relationships and to attract new clients.
- Be involved in local activities, prepare marketing collateral, and engage in seminars.
- Aim to achieve billing and chargeable hours targets, to control disbursements and render bills promptly for the overall benefit of the Firm.
- Keep up to date with the latest legal and practice developments, plan and attend relevant courses, meet agreed targets,
- Be positive and supportive of Partners, colleagues and clients of the Firm.
- Keep confidential any and all client information.
- Assist colleagues inside and outside the Commercial Property department, if requested.
- Any other duties which may be required in line with the role of a fee earner solicitor.
Education and Qualifications
Grade B fee earner
- 3-5 years PQE in Commercial Property law
- Strong track record in meeting fee targets
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of Commercial Property law
- Highly organised
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to prioritise own workload and that to of own staff
- Good file management skills and awareness
- Ability to deliver a high-quality service
- Commercially minded
- Highly motivated
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Flexible attitude and approach to work
Able to work as part of a team