We are looking for a Commercial Property Associate Solicitor to join a highly successful and expanding Commercial Property team in Blandford. This position will be perfect for those who thrive in a busy environment and can rise to the challenge of working to deadlines. The successful candidate will benefit from an enjoyable and varied workload, ensuring that no day will be same. You should possess excellent people skills and have a desire to provide an exceptional service.
To support and work closely with the Head of Commercial Property in managing and developing the Commercial Property team in order to deliver high-quality legal services and a profitable caseload.
- Ensure high standards of client care at all times.
- Take instructions from clients in person, by email or on the telephone.
- Provide comprehensive commercial property advice on commercial property matters to include, but not limited to, freehold sales and purchases, landlord and tenant matters, leases, options, conditional contracts, development agreements (including overage agreements) and relevant construction documents.
- Draft correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Liaise directly with other parties with enquiries/replies.
- Undertake appropriate searches.
- Report to clients with relevant information on their transaction and advise clients accordingly.
File Management and administration
- Ensure that department files are well ordered, clear and comply with the Law Society, office and all other necessary requirements.
- Ensure proper and accurate records are kept of time expended on matters where fees are charged on a time basis and ensure that estimates for work are approved by a Partner and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation.
- Initiate, develop and participate in the marketing of the Commercial Property department, to promote the Firm, to maintain and develop existing client relationships and to attract new clients.
- To be involved in local activities, to prepare marketing collateral, to engage in seminars, to deliver presentations and to provide updates and training for clients, local service providers and professional contacts.
- Aim to achieve billing and chargeable hours targets, to control disbursements and render bills promptly for the overall benefit of the Firm.
- Ensure work given to support and assistant staff is appropriately set, supervised and reviewed.
- Check carefully any documents before dispatch.
- Ensure that the department complies with all risk-management procedures.
- Provide training to junior members of the department.
- Keep up to date with the latest legal and practice developments, plan and attend relevant courses, meet agreed targets, develop the Commercial Property law department.
- Provide in-house training on legal developments or other areas of professional development as may be required by the Firm.
- Be positive and supportive of Partners, colleagues and clients of the Firm.
- Keep confidential any and all client information.
- Assist colleagues inside and outside the Commercial Property department, if requested.
- Appreciate that flexibility in your role is paramount.
- Any other duties which may be required in line with the role of an associate solicitor.
Education and Qualifications
- Grade A fee earner
- Strong background in Commercial Property law
- Experience of marketing and delivering PR initiatives
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Strong track record in meeting fee targets
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of Commercial Property law
- Highly organised
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to prioritise own workload and that to of own staff
- Able to contribute to improvements and changes
- Good file management skills and awareness
- Ability to deliver a high-quality service
- Presentation and training skills