We are recruiting experienced Care & Support workers for our client based in Cheltenham.
Your responsibilities are:
To carry out care, support and other tasks as specified in the person’s Care/Support plan to a high standard in accordance with the Association’s policies and procedures. This may include:
- Helping with personal care which may include helping the person to wash, shower, shave, dress and other tasks where necessary
- Assisting the person to keep their home clean by hoovering, dusting, tidying, laundry and other general household duties
- Supporting the person to be actively involved in their local community and to access a full range of activities including educational, recreational and employment
- Supporting the person to develop their social networks
- Under guidance from management and health care professionals, take actions to enable the person to carry out as much self-care and other activities for themselves as possible regardless of disability/behaviours.
- To contribute to accurate and detailed record keeping whilst maintaining the persons privacy in accordance with confidentiality guidelines.
- When appropriate, to liaise with the person’s relatives, G.P and other health care professionals and then to provide any necessary care and support for identified needs. To ensure quality and consistency of service by good communication with significant others.
- To take part in any training as required by senior staff (including team meetings, individual meetings, staff training sessions etc) which is designed to develop personal skills, knowledge and attitudes. To be willing to act upon new knowledge and continually look at improving your own performance
- To contribute to the maintenance of the person’s individuality, by carrying out planned actions which promote dignity and freedom of choice.
- To be aware of changes in the persons’ general, emotional and mental health, and to take appropriate steps as laid down to ensure their well-being.
- To contribute to updating the person’s individual Care/Support plan, and to take part in any reassessment of care needs.
- Where required, to support the person to manage his/her financial affairs, e.g. shopping or collecting benefits. To ensure that full and accurate records of transactions are kept for inspection and that adequate security for person’s monies and valuables is maintained according to their wishes.
- To be aware of the person’s spiritual needs and by liaison with their relatives, friends and advisors, try to ensure that these needs are met to their satisfaction.
- To be aware of the person’s need to develop and / or maintain social activities and individual social networks and to communicate with the person, their relatives, friends, professionals and other organisations, to ensure that the person is enabled to fulfil these needs to their satisfaction.
- Where required to assist the person, or complete independently of the person, any agreed household tasks which may include meal preparation, laundry, ironing and hygienic cleaning.
- Where required to support any volunteers, students or any interested visitors to become familiar with the aims of the service and the needs of the individuals we work with.
- To be aware of and follow practice guidelines to ensure good personal safety at all times. To understand the causes of challenging behaviour and violence and be aware of preventative strategies and be effective in the use of calming, defusing and problem solving.
- To have a positive approach and engage in fundraising activities when required.